Friday, February 6, 2009

Poor Ben

A lot of posts have been entitled "poor Ben" I realize but here we go again...
Ben had a fever for four days when we took him to the doctor who suspected a lung infection. I took him for x rays and blood work then yesterday and picked the wrong time of day to go. I didn't think that early in the morning everyone would be there because they were fasting and on their way to work. We sat down with all the other people in the lab waiting room and waited our turn. Fortunately I brought his bottle and a snack. I gave Ben some grapes after he drank his bottle (he didn't have to fast..) and as he breathed in deeply to cough he inhaled a grape into his airway. Fortunately my first aid training kicked in and when he looked at me terrified and unable to make any noise I quickly put him over my arm and baby hymlicked him. The grape flew out and he proceeded to throw up all over the floor in front of 40 wide eyed onlookers. I was shaking of course from too much adrenaline too early in the morning. I am so glad I have taken CPR courses and kept them updated so I did know what to do immediately. Of course we were right above the urgent care center so if I had froze help wasn't far away.

1 comment:

Kim Hughes said...

Whoa that's crazy Jen. I'll be sure to check The Record website every now and then to see what's happening with the whole thing. Stay safe!

(you still have a great neighborhood!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...