Friday, February 13, 2009

Dear Summer





Dear Summer,

I really miss you. It feels like it has been to long since I've seen you and I am starting to forget what you are like.
I vaguely remember laying in your warm sun, walking through grass in bare feet, barbecuing with friends on the deck, going to the park and playing at the splash pad with a slippery baby. I kind of remember sandy beaches, dripping ice cream cones, the smell of sunscreen, the convenience of flip flops, bike rides through trails, walks in the evening, lounging by the pool. I wish I could eat buttery corn on the cob and strawberry shortcake with biscuits and real whip cream right now and watch Ben play in his sandbox and then get muddy in his waiting pool. I wish the ducks from our pond and bunny's from our garden would come home. Summer, please come back soon!

Love, a pasty white and cold fan

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...