Friday, May 8, 2009

Blog Love

I have quickly fallen for the Blog movement. From my third post I was hooked. I blog for many reasons, namely 5; for myself as creative expression and an archived journey of finding joy and honor in homemaking, for my son as a documentary of his childhood, for my husband to get a different perspective of our life, for my family who lives far away from us to keep up with us and anyone else who is interested in how and why we do things in a honest glimpse of our happy and rich life.

Lately though I have not only begun to love writing my own but I have also awakened the voyeur in me and have a few that I follow religiously. I feel like I know these people on an intimate level and think this is a beautiful thing since much of our world over the same medium has become very impersonal. This is a way to become more personal then we have ever been before. I enjoy learning new perspectives from my blog "friends" as they give me something to think about. Over the course of their blogs I have also built up a respect for what they have to say so I enjoy hearing their opinions and general suggestions on things as well as examples they set.

One thing that the author of http://reflectionsonbella.blogspot.com/2007/04/my-love.html said in a recent post was how her blog was really a glimpse. It was a reflection of what she chose to document and remember and most of it is positive. This is not to say it is ALL positive ALL the time. (I agree) She talked about when her daughter is having "one of those days" and thus Mommy is having "one of those days" and she says this prayer;

"Lord, give me a gentle spirit and the heart of a child...help me to walk at "his" pace and see the world through "his" eyes. Thank you for the gift of motherhood."

- Beautiful. I tried this all week when Ben was having a meltdown, being cranky, not listening and all the other things normally expected from a sick toddler. Gosh Alrighty (another saying I borrow from a blog...) It worked! This fills me with patience, love and gratitude. My voice whispers, my heart softens and my perspective shifts.

What a great support network of positive ideas, examples and support (and great pictures)! I love blogs!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...