Friday, July 24, 2009

What is in a Name...

Oh the name debate... I have a perfect must have boy name that Jon unequivocally refuses...it has been the main source of our marital discord for three years now. I feel as the gestator and pusher that I get vito over naming. Unfortunately he does not quite agree to this. It would seem that a "Gabriel" than is not in our future as Jon says if I write it on the birth certificate it won't matter...he will just keep calling the confused boy Thomas.

We have ONE girl name that we can agree to and about 3 boys names. The unfortunate part of the boy names are that we each have a cousin with the same names. Is it wrong to name all of our children from the same family name pool? Does this prove unoriginal or lazy on our part? We have put SO much time and thought into names though...REALLY! It just happens that we like the same names as our aunts!

Wish us luck, the battle has only just begun!

1 comment:

jjandb said...

Hi Jo! Happy to have another reader and one that posts comments...my favorite kind! I love the name Marlow it is very sweet as I imagine your little boy is. Here's to little boys:) Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...