Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Words you Never Want to Hear from a Doctor...

I had to make an emergency dentist appointment with a new dentist last night because I thought I had chipped a tooth. I met with this young and very cute dentist last night with the expectation that he would simply shave of the chipped part, fill it and I would be on my way. It was not so simple as it turns out. He examined the tooth for a good few minutes while murmuring unsettelingly to himself. Finally he said "well I have never actually seen this..." Words I never want a Dr. to say! (My friend Robin heard the crack of forceps breaking during her delivery of Ben's bff last month...she officially wins for things you don't want to hear- this would be second). He explained to me that what I had experienced was actually internal decay of the tooth which made the tooth hollow and pushed out some enamel. He used the word "decay" about 5 times during this explanation which was making me gag. I asked him to please use a nicer term for my poor tooth, who didn't ask for a neglectful anti flossing owner. He laughed and said well its just a cavity, I have never seen one like this before!! Gross! I am now recommitted to the dental floss. In fact I am going to go do it now!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...