Thursday, July 5, 2007

Minor annoyances


One would think nature would take hold of the future mother in her final days of pregnancy and switch on those gentle and maternal instincts. In fact just the opposite happens. In the last few weeks I have gone from a generally even tempered and easy going person into this tyrannical, bitter woman (who also waddles like a fat penguin). I am finding everything annoying lately, for example...

The non lawn mowers...

We moved into our brand new neighbourhood last year with the expectation that those who put so much time, energy and money into their new homes would show the same amount of pride of ownership as we do. If nothing else they would keep their homes presentable as to not bring down the neighbourhood... not so. The people at the end of our row (on the overpriced corner lot they paid EXTRA for) have not watered or mowed their lawn since it was built. I am subjected to their eyesore of a weed patch every morning on my way to get the mail. I found this mildly irritating until about 2 weeks ago when my anti- maternal hormones kicked in and now I am downright mad about it. I plan to call the city and complain one of these days...

The feline infestation...

I have never been a cat person. I out rightly do not appreciate any animal of the feline persuasion and can tolerate them on a case by case basis....generally....
cue the orange tabby- I hate this cat! It lurks around the neighbourhood pooping on decks, terrorizing dogs (namely ours), fights with other cats in the middle of the night and on one particular occasion after I left our screen door open, helped itself to our dogs food bowl.

J and I try to be responsible dog owners. We are diligent about pooping and scooping, don't let him bark, keep him on a leash and we certainly don't let him roam free around the neighbourhood. Why are the same expectations not had for the cat owner? I am (once again in my hormonal and generally irritated state) sick of this double standard and next time I see that cat on our lawn I am going to put him in our garage and call the humane society!

Irresponsible chicken eaters....

We went to Costco last night (we were out of jumbo freezies...) and were amazed at the amount of meat the couple in front of us were purchasing. I have never seen a person buy so much frozen meat at once, with a cooked rotisserie chicken to top it off. $450.00 for them and $13.49 for us later we followed them out to the parking lot and swerved as they cut in front of us at the exit. J was understandable put off by this and then noticed flying particles coming out their passenger window... he pulled up closer to the litter bug carnivores and I looked to see what had been tossed out on the side walk- CHICKEN BONES! They were eating the chicken on the way home and tossing the bones out on the street! We followed them onto the highway (not because they cut us off and littered but because that was our way home as well) only to be accosted with a flap of crispy brown back skin! (for entertainment and literary purposes I would say it landed flat on our windshield, although it didn't you may imagine it that way!). How awful for us to be driving home from an enjoyable jumbo freezie run only to be in the line of fire all the way home of chicken bones and skin! J put his licence plate in his blackberry while at a red light and I fully plan on calling the police report line!

In all honesty I will probably not call the city, humane society or the police report line. I will likely sit around and be annoyed until my easy going temperament (hopefully) returns- or maybe I will just continue blogging about it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...