Thursday, July 5, 2007

8Ibs of baby....800Ibs of stuff!


For such a little person Ben sure does need a lot of stuff. I don't know how much is actually necessary but Babies R US has a way of drawing you in and making you feel like a very unfit parent unless you spend at least $5000.00 on their very overpriced baby gear that will likely be used a handful of times. I also have a theory that the more expensive the swing (excersaucer, highchair, bouncy, vibrating chair or stroller) the louder the baby will scream when you put him in it. This is why I shunned Babies R US and their guilt buying and have been shopping the classifieds. I thought I was doing quite well, only spending $45.00 on a swing (so he'll love it right?!) and $15.00 on a bouncy chair....way too much on a stroller but that's a long story... but then I got carried away. I am obsessed with baby items! I can't stop buying anything that could be defined as "tiny" "cute" or "adorable" I must have it! Since the shopping has taken place over the course of 6 months I didn't realize how much I had actually bought for the (expensive) little bundle of joy until I went to pack his room...Uh oh! This child (who I may remind you is NOT BORN yet) has more clothes then his father and I put together (read "a mother's (lack of) intuition" and you will know what I am overcompensating for). He has six full moving boxes full of "essential" baby items. Just my luck and he'll be born before I've unpacked and he'll have to *gasp* survive with a bassinet (cheap) swing and a couple of sleepers...
I may have to cancel my baby shower due to lack of space for entry of any new items until he is 5!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...