Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Just Be

In writing my last post I was thinking more about the expectation to DO. Why is this? I realize that it is important to not waste time, to be productive, to accomplish goals; big and small...but ALL the time? I tried to think of the last time I stopped DOING to concentrate simply on BEING. I don't think it has ever happened. When I tried to, the idea of this blog popped into my head and I am DOING this instead of boring old BEING. I think there is some merit though to ending the DOING. I have a book on meditation but not surprisingly I have far too much to DO to read it. This year though I think I am going to make an active effort to take some time each day to DO nothing, in fact I think it will even help me DO more in the long run, and that really is the goal right:)

2 comments:

Heather @ Raising Memories Blog said...

Have I mentioned how much I love your blog entries? Jenn, you rock.

jjandb said...

lol have I mentioned how much I love your comments Heather?! lol you are the only one that does so I write for me...and you! lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...