Thursday, January 31, 2008

To Make or Buy...


I was really gung ho about making all Ben's baby food. I made organic pears, apples and peaches for his first foods. I was excited about this and bought expensive special containers to freeze them in (glorified ice cube treys with lids really). I am now counting down the days until he is 6 months...

There was a display at the grocery store yesturday with all the organic baby food. I picked up a jar of squash to look at the ingredients. I was under the impression that there were aditives, preservitives, salt and maybe even sugar in them. I looked at the ingredients- "organic squash, purified water" WHAT?!!! but that is all that's in my freezer too! Why am I busting my butt peeling, chopping, steaming and pureeing the exact food that is in these darling little jars for 80cents of convenience?

So.... what is the difference? Is making really any better than buying if I can buy organic? I have yet to make up my mind about this but convenience may win in this case if I can't find a difference. I will have to taste both!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...