Friday, June 25, 2010

4 Short Years Ago...


4 short years ago I was waking up alone for the last time. I looked out the window of our suite in the Victorian inn we held our wedding ceremony and saw the last of the chairs being set up on the lawn.

It was 4:00 am.

By the time the sun was high in the sky my make up was on, bridesmaids were dressed, photographer had her camera snapping, the butterfly's in my stomach were subtly out of control and my tear ducts wouldn't let up.

I was terrified. I wanted the day to be perfect so badly. I was sure that the outcome of this would represent the rest.

I wasn't terrified of marrying Jon.

No. That part was easy. That part I was sure of.

The day was perfect. From the moment it began until the very last guest drove away, it was perfect.

And the rest? I'd say so.

1 comment:

Mom said...

It really was such a beautiful wedding! A beautiful beginning to a wonderful life. Keep this picture to use when you celebrate your 50th wedding anniversary.
xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...