Saturday, March 27, 2010

Fake Holiday

*Insert cute picture of the boys in green here*

Let's pretend I made adorable shamrock shaped sandwiches for lunch, died our chicken green for dinner and led Ben on a challenging, educational and super fun scavenger hunt for leprechaun treasure. 'Cause I didn't. We didn't do a darn thing for St. Patricks day because a-I am barely Irish and b-I am not Catholic and don't really know who St. Patrick was. What I did do was feel annoyed at the news making festivities of a holiday none of those drunk on cheap green beer in their "Kiss Me I'm Irish" shirts could recite the origin of.

Then I did an online quiz on post partum depression because I am never this bitter and usually welcome a colour themed holiday with no pressure to make a big meal that requires me to rewash the knives to get the watermarks off. I should LOVE st. Patricks day...it SHOULD be my favorite. Like groundhog day. But, it just isn't.

Easter though...that is another story. And the boys, well hang onto your socks...

hint...they have matching ties...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...