Monday, March 1, 2010

Well Heeeello March!

Whew! Just in time!

I was able to take the boys for a "mommy is walking her butt off" hour long walk this morning and it FELT different outside...like you could almost hear the buzz of promise inside the buds on the trees and the bulbs under the ground just waiting to explode.

Oh I love spring! I love winter because without it I would not be able to TRULY grasp the magnitude of beauty this season holds- even if it begins with salt stains, brown grass and naked trees...anyone that lives in a province with 5 months of winter can tell you this is stunning.

ps- do the leaves fall off trees in areas that don't have cold weather winters?

3 comments:

Everyday Kathy said...

Spring is grand! Yes there are seasonal differences here in California even though we never see snow where I am. I was surprised that fall was really quite fall like even though it came a bit later. This means that Thanksgiving actually looks like the post cards-- orange and gold leaves, unlike in Upstate NY where I grew up and the leaves were already bare come Thanksgiving time. It will be months before my mom sees a crocus or tulip but we are beginning to see them now. I really thought I'd miss the dramatic changes... I really don't. The subtle ones are pretty fantastic!

jjandb said...

Hi Kathy, Thanks...I could do with a week of every season and then have summer the rest of the year I think...thanks for commenting... I love comments...and for the most part have shy readers...

Jamiesjourney said...

It's coming Jenn! This week and next are supposed to be gorgeous :) Enjoy!!! I love this time of year too...to get outside and explore and not be stuck indoors all the time...yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...