Sunday, March 9, 2008

Play Group


Ben loves to go to the playgroup. We go every morning because my daycare kids love it and I would go nuts in the house all day with 3 one year olds! Until a couple months ago Ben would sleep the whole time we were there. Now he lights up as soon as we pull into the parking lot and grins when "Ms. Allison" comes to get him. The Ontario Early Years program was started about 5 years ago in order to suport early learning. Our facility has been converted from an elementry school. It has a classroom set up for each age group from newborn (Ben has been going since he was 10 days old!) to age six. During the daily two hour preschool program the children have craft (starting at age one obviously), free play, snack and circle time. Ben's room has lots of bubbles and music. He loves it! I ususally stay and play with Ben for the first half hour or so and feed him. I can then go to a parent chat meeting, a guest speaker, coffee club or eat breakfast in the kitchen. All the teachers are ECE trained and are wonderful! I can watch Ben from the hallway from one way windows. I can see him but he can't see me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...