Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Fallen Star

The talent agency that held the screen tests last Thursday called me yesterday. They would LOVE to work with Ben. I was excited for about 2 minutes and then decided against pursuing it any further. The owner of the agency had called and was shocked at my answer. He only currently represents 2 other babies so to accept Ben is a big deal. My refusal was a bit of a slap in the face evidently. He would not accept my answer and was telling me about all the money he could make with various work. I immediately moved out of star struck mode into protective mother mode and thought of the environment that Ben would be exposed to from my experience( my small brush with celebrity happened on the set of a large shoot for a boxing movie with Meg Ryan called Against the Ropes that I was an extra in). It is loud, chaotic and demanding. Time is money as they say and they will do just about anything to get the children to do what they need for any given shot ( I wittnessed that just at the screen tests). I also don't think that I would handle rejection with him very well at all. I would like to think that if it stopped being fun we would just stop however I think you get into that "big break" mentality and think after the next one we'll stop... 2 words- Britney Spears.

When Ben was a few weeks old Jon asked when he could get a job... I am pretty sure he was kidding. Ben won't be working for sometime, in or out of the limelight. I am sorry If I have shattered all hopes of his fame and fortune but I think that his time can better be devoted to things like banging blocks, mastering the crawl and trying green beans.

1 comment:

Heather @ Raising Memories Blog said...

Bravo!
Spoken like a very good Mama :)
(But way to go Ben! ;)
What a happy, sweet, cute boy you have. He may not be the next child star, but he can be a model for me any time you like ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...