Monday, September 29, 2008

Chatter Box

I enjoy the sounds of my own voice it would seem as my mouth doesn't usually stop moving all day. This has benefitted Ben tremendously as he has begun talking all day. I don't mean "talking" but actually using words. He has in the last week started saying a new word every couple of days. At 13 months for a boy this is pretty advanced (I know...I googled verbal developmental expectations to see). Currently he says:
Uh-oh
mum (me)
mum-mum (different word as this is a food!)
Ya (he says this appropriatly while nodding)
da-da
more
down
apple (or his version of it..."appa" really)
ba (bottle)

He can sign:
more
no
change
milk
all done
water
bye bye
yes
food

he will also growl very loudly when asked what any animal says- the funniest is when we say "Ben what does the chicky say?" and he will give you a fierce growl...we are working on this...

he also waves, claps, dances and blows kisses. Yes he is full of adorable tricks...the catch is he will do none of them on comand. If he wants to he will wait until the person to impress has looked away or left and then do it for me only!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...