Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day


I really believe I was put on this earth to be a Mother.

I had difficulty choosing a major in university, I couldn't seem to get set on a career path, I was unsure of my purpose or future until August 22 2007. At 6:22 in the evening it all came together in a moment. Everything was made clear in the glassy steel blue eyes of a little boy. That moment and every one since I have been living my calling in Motherhood. I am passionate about this role and the importance and responsibility that comes with it. I am trying so hard to savor each day and find as much perspective as I can from it...them.

Through butterfly kisses, blowing raspberry's, midnight dancing, spit up, cuddling, book reading, gummy grins, cartoons, crust less sandwiches, finger painting, first steps, tantrums, drool, sippy cups, bedtime snacks, hiccups, nature walks, vegetable fights, fairy tales, nursery rhymes, mud puddles, sprinkles, face painting, teething, belly laughs, piggy back rides, tickling, hand printed windows, sidewalk chalk, playgrounds, underdog pushes, bedtimes prayers and bear hugs;

I have enjoyed every moment.

In our religion we believe that Motherhood is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to the angels.
I absolutely believe this to be true. I would challenge anyone to hold a newborn baby in the first moments of their life and deny God. One whiff of that sweet skin and you will remember "that is heaven".

Motherhood; Those who raised me and the man I love and the children that gave me this title; it has been my greatest and most cherished blessing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...